Sunday 2 June 2013

Meet my dad, the Animal!!

Photo by Jan Olofsson
Photo by Jan Olofsson
dad4

Look what my wonderful friend  the chef Andre Ligeon Ligeonnet has given to me!! He found them thrown in the rubbish along with a bunch of other old newspapers and magazines. They are from a Brazilian music magazine which was printed in the 1960's and amazingly the article is about my father and the band in which he played bass; The Animals. The Animals are perhaps best known for their record breaking  number 1 hit; The House Of The Rising Sun.

dad1


My dad was a pretty cool guy, not only did he rock with the band that brought us the house of the rising sun he was also the music producer who discovered, managed and produced Jimi Hendrix. Then formed, managed and produced The Jimi Hendrix Experience! He later managed and produced the famous 1970's British pop band; Slade. Who's most famous hit; Merry Xmas, still gets played every year worldwide!

dad2

It's just such a shame that there is no information on who the author of the article was or the name of the magazine in which it was printed. I am currently researching for a book about my father's life and work. This could have lead to some interesting!!



dad5




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • The Beach Chic
  • +