Monday 5 August 2013

Ocean treasures


Today was the first no wind day since my arrival here in Paje. So Nina and I decided to have a girly day together...

IMG_1241

Paje is already an incredibly beautiful spot but when there is no wind it's just breath taking. For me, it's the most beautiful beach I have ever seen!

IMG_1032

The sea in the shallow reef protected area, a stunning turquoise which seems to go on and on forever... I really am in love with this paradise island!

IMG_1091

Nina and I decided to head out exploring the shallow areas within the reef. There is a a area in which the locals are farming seaweed. They use sticks sunk into the sand to catch the seaweed as it drifts with the ebb and flow of the tides.

IMG_1315

At low tide they wade out and collect the plantNa maré baixa eles coletam as algas, colocam nos sacos, e as deixam prontas para secar e serem transformadas em sabão.

IMG_1339

The only bad thing about this fabulous kite spot are these spiky little buggers! Thankfully the sea urchins are few and far between, it's nothing like Boracay where they are everywhere.

IMG_1320

Here they are mostly found on the rocky reef, with a few random ones making a break for the lagoons. Keeps the kite students on their toes ;)

IMG_1114

I was lucky enough to find a dried shell of a sea urchin too! I wonder if it will make it back to Taiba in one piece?!

IMG_1264

 The first lagoon has a few boats harboured safely in the calm waters, they're used for dive trips. Also for dolphin watching excursions and if you are lucky at this time of year you can also see migrating whales! I think I will defiantly be headed out of one of these colourful boats to do just that very soon!

IMG_1048

 The shallow waters are great for floating in. After so many hours on the water I have some interesting tan lines from my kiteboarding harness and boots... I took the opportunity to try and work on getting rid of my harness tan lines!

IMG_1082
.
All in all it was a perfect little adventure, which left me feeling happy and content.
More pictures at flickr :) 
www.flickr.com/photos/95525879@N05/sets/72157634671786894


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • The Beach Chic
  • +