Monday 8 July 2013

Sunset kite session in Taiba.

airrush

 I had the most amasing sunset kite session down at Taiba Lagoon with my good friends Giselle Nuaz and Taiba native John Lennon (cool name right?!) today.

 We were lucky enough to have the place to ourselves for the last hour which was a special treat. It won't be long before the kite season fully kicks in and the crowds arrive...

Lagoon4


Taiba lagoon is the perfect place for me to train. I managed to land my first backloops to blind today! I'm sure it was due to the training and tips I had down at the cable park last week. 

Giselle is going for pop's to blind and having some nasty wipeouts, it's a really tricky thing to learn but she's almost there! Won't be long until she gets the landing perfect. Once she's got that mastered it opens up the opportunity to learn so many more tricks.

collagelagoon

The sunsets down at the lagoon are among the most beautiful I've ever seen. There is something magical about being on the water at sundown, the orange sunlight glistening through the spray coming off your kiteboard and reflecting off the smooth lagoon. 

The view from the baracca is just as perfect and we were super happy to find out our friends over at Kitepirinha Kite School will be taking over the space this year, it's going to a great place to hang out in between sessions!
Check out our Flickr album for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • The Beach Chic
  • +