Thursday 12 September 2013

SUP Yoga



 Yes, it looks posy and some people are against this phenomenon with a passion but SUP yoga is here to stay and I love it ! 
468401_10151679325244393_1332087316_o
The gorgeous Charlotte Danziel Piho from Workout on Water

I first heard about SUP yoga in Bali, when I met the gorgeous Ausie girl Charlotte Danziel Piho from Workout on Water. Charlotte and I were on the same yoga teachers training course in Canggu, watching her eyes light up as she talked about how much fun SUP yoga is definitely got the better of my curiosity.



 As soon as I got back to Brazil I hired an SUP from Torinhos surf shop on Taibinha Bay and headed to the sea. If you are fortunate enough to have spent some time in Taiba, you'll probably know that Taibinha isn't the best place to learn to paddle board, far too many waves. It was a very wobbly start but I didn't get put off! I had to wait until I got to Zanzibar, where the conditions are perfect for paddle boards, to give SUP yoga a try.



Finding time and motivation to keep up my daily yoga practice can sometimes be tricky, life and a busy schedule sometimes "get in the way" but knowing I can do it on an SUP board in warm water, encouages me that little bit more to get out there and on it! 
As with most new things, there are some people out there that are hating on SUP yoga but if it encourages more people to get active, get on the water and get into better shape, in my opinion it's a good thing.




I'm really looking forward to progressing and pushing limits with this new passion of mine. Hopefully I'll be able to teach some SUP yoga classes once I'm back in Brazil!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • The Beach Chic
  • +